Monday, February 8, 2016

Reporting To The Mission Home!!

23 January 2016


Elder Farney was able to call me from the airport - as he waited for his flight to Idaho.  Spoke for almost an hour!!  It was SO wonderful to hear his voice!  There were fifteen of them flying to Pocatello.  And a complete stranger treated them all to lunch!

As we were chatting - he would ask me to wait just a minute as he helped multiple people figure out how to use the calling cards and the pay phone!  What an exceptional young man!

The best part of the conversation - other than him repeatedly telling me how much he loved and missed me - was when he asked if I would take the phone to Little Man's preschool so he could talk to him.  Of course, I did! When Little Man was on the phone, he said, "Mommy I think Bubba's crying."  I said, "He is."  He says, "Why?"  I said, "Because he loves you and misses you so much."  He then spoke back into the phone and said, "Oh bubba.... I love you too."  Sweetest heartbreaking words ever!

I had been in touch with a wonderful fellow Missionary Momma for a few days via Facebook - I found out she was going to be serving dinner to my missionary when he arrived in Pocatello.  What an amazing woman!  She not only served him dinner - but took pictures and wrote me the BEST message!
               "He is doing great.  He was so excited.  He loved the food.... especially the potatoes!  He said, "My mom is a wizard in the kitchen."  He has a really funny personality.  A great sense of humor.  He said, "Oh, my mom is on that missionary momma's facebook thing too."  LOL  I gave him a nice pat on the shoulder for ya.  Hugs mom.  You have a great missionary." ~ Marcy Lyn Kestner

LOVE WHAT A SMALL WORLD THE CHURCH IS - AND HOW TECHNOLOGY HAS MADE THIS KIND OF CONTACT POSSIBLE!!


THE MISSIONARIES WHO REPORTED TO 
POCATELLO WITH ELDER FARNEY!!







No comments:

Post a Comment