Friday, February 26, 2016

22 February 2016

22 February 2016

Hello Everyone!!
So I have figured out that not only do I need to take each week as a new week, BUT I also need to take each day as a new day. Feelings and experiences from the day before can cloud your judgement and decisions for today. Remember to go each day being guided by the spirit and not by your own desires! Everything is in the Lord's time and not ours. I found an awesome scripture that explains this.
Its Psalms 37: 3-7
  3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
  4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
  5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
  6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgement as the noonday.
  7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth to pass wicked devices.
I know that I need to trust the Lord and the plan that he has for me. And I know that I have been called here for a reason and that not only is there someone here that needs me, but there is someone here that I need as well. We don't always need to know the why or how to everything. Have faith, take the step. Pull an Indian Jones. For that is the way to trust in the Lord! And, I leave that testimony with you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


NOW for my week! haha
So this week has still been a struggle, but a lot of good has come from it too! We have been able to clear out a lot of our lists finding those who are not prepared enough to listen to our wonderful message. But even using those that aren't interested we can find those that are. Also I learned that too many people keep to themselves! PEOPLE! GET TO KNOW YOUR NEIGHBORS!!! It will not only help you, them, and the community. But it can really help with Missionary Work and giving the Missionary's referrals! We really can't do this on our own! We need the help of the members and just people in the community. Don't be afraid to talk about the gospel and see if someone is interested in it. The worst that can happen is that they will say no. If they don't want to be friends anymore because of it, then really think about how much you meant to that person in the first place.
(I'm not sure why, but I keep going off on tangents... guess Calculus has helped me on my mission... XD.... I'm so punny!.. anyways....)
So for this next week we are gonna start focusing on new names we have been given and the new lists that we received from our awesome Stake President, President Dye. We now have new ideas on who needs the Savior in their lives right now (we all do, but aren't all ready) and we have found families that want us over to just help with any issues they are having or want a better understanding on what the savior has taught us to do. These next couple weeks should be awesome!!
So with the struggle this week, we really haven't gotten inside a lot of homes. We did some families this week and those were nice lessons. AND some super exciting news! We committed a young man to be baptized! The family is less active, but all of their oldest kids are baptized and so when we brought it up to their next one (He's 10) he was like "Oh yeah I've been wanting to get baptized" it actually kinda stunned us. Even funnier he has a little sister who is 8 and she says "I don't want to get baptized because they are gonna hold me down there for too long and kill me"..... so we are trying to teach her how baptism works and we will take the whole family to see a baptism so that all the younger kids have a better idea! The baptismal date is set for March 26th, and we will see how that plays out!
I don't really have any other news this week. But a word of advise that we seem to just... forget about... BEFRIEND EVERYONE. When people are new to the church or even just new to an area, it can be hard to try and be comfortable. Talk to them, welcome them, invite them to activities either through the church or just as a regular one. It will really help the whole family. Don't judge on looks (of any kinds) stereotypes destroy lives and friendships. Love everyone for who they are, remember innocent until proven guilty. It works.
I love each of you and I can't wait to talk to you! I love getting random emails from people so if you have anything you want to say to me or ask me just email me padraic.farney@myldsmail.net
Have a great week!!
This is Elder Farney, Elder Witbeck, Sister Archer, and Sister Williams! 
These are the two sisters in my District, 
they have super happy personalities and bring the Spirit in everything they do!


So this is a before Picture of a treat a family made for us on Valentine's Day. 
Dad, you're gonna love this next one!

IT'S A RICE CRISPY TREAT!!!! It was super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment